Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our new baby

Meet the newest member of our family. She is a 7 week old purebred Golden Retriever puppy. She also comes from a line of champion show dogs (I hope that will play into her obedience training). She was born on the 4th of July so we named her Lady Liberty. We call her Liberty. Isn't she just the cutest thing? We adore her!

Jake woke up at 5:30 this morning before school started to play with her.
Kailey probably thinks she is still dreaming.
I am looking forward to the memories that we will create together...playing catch at the park, going on walks, just having her always there to keep you company, and of course the fun and laughter while playing with the kids...childhood is too short not to have a family dog.

6 comments:

Kyle & Brit said...

So ya know...I'm probably gonna come by to see the little fur ball before we leave. She is so dang cute!! I love her!!! :) She is going to be so much fun to have around! And I am so jealous! haha.

Kimberly said...

She really is adorable! I'm suprised but happy for you all. I'm sure your kids are just in heaven with her. She's so cute she's almost tempting me to get one! Have fun training and playing with her. I like her name too, very cute!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

I'm so glad you decided to get the kids a dog. I remember when we got Kisha for you guys. I think from some photos I have, you were maybe Gavin's age. You should build many happy times with that pup (and dog as she grows older.) Maybe she can be Chico's new "best friend."

Pamela said...

Wow! You actually did it! I love your post! It's helping me remember why dogs matter! After losing Kisha, Sinjin and then Saavik, my heart couldn't take anymore. Now we have a horse...The kids I'm sure are in heaven over this dog. I love your choice of name for the dog! Excellent! {So...does this mean no more reptile talk?} You're a great mom...

Amanda said...

Wow - I am surprised. Very Cute Though!! We tried puppies. It was too much work with the 4 boys and then Isaac. So we found new homes for them. Good luck!

Darci said...

Wow, Liberty is beautiful and one of the luckiest puppies to have all of those loving and adoring kids to take care of her! Love that Jake woke so early to play with her and those pics are just precious! How fun for you guys and you will create so many fun memories with her as part of the family! Puppy love!